Monday, November 13, 2006

The "Old Man" weighs in

Harkening back to the glory days of the 70's and 80's, former coach Bo Schembechler stepped to the podium and participated in the Monday morning Football press conference. Coach Schembechler's comments covered a variety of topics. When he was asked on how much he would prepare his team to play OSU when he was coaching, Coach Schembechler responded, "Every day. It was our strategy here at Michigan to do something to beat Ohio State every day, and even if it's in the first meeting to talk about it. But we're going to do something every day. So that's nothing new." As for whether Coach Schembechler will address the 2006 team prior to The Game, he stated that, "I don't anticipate that. You have to understand, these kids that are playing are three years old when I coached, so I don't think they remember much about what I did. Although they practice in a building with my name on it, and I hang around there, I get to know some of these guys. I know a lot of players, but I don't think that will happen. They can handle that themselves." As for predictions, Coach Schembechler merely responded, "I don't make any predictions, none at all. I'll just tell you one thing, it will be a whale of a battle. Unless I miss my guess, it will be a heck of a battle." I don't think the "Old Man" will be missing his guess. Go Blue!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home